Nutrition Per One Taco
Yield: 8 tacos
Protein: 12 grams
NET Carbohydrate: 18 grams
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 lime
- 1-pound chicken, cooked and shredded (see note below)
- 8, 6-inch flour tortillas
- In a bowl, add granny smith apple, red onion, pomegranate seeds, and pecans. Squeeze fresh lime juice atop and stir. Set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, lay tortillas out on a serving plate. Scoop shredded chicken in the center of the shell then add the apple and pomegranate mixture.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh arugula, tomato, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno, Cotija cheese, and lime juice.
Easy Crockpot Chicken
Not only is crockpot chicken recipe easy, but completely versatile to tailor to your dish and personal preference by simply adapting seasonings. Prepare in bulk for a convenient protein source throughout the week, including adding to salads, soups, wraps, and sandwiches.
- 2-pounds boneless chicken breasts, approximately 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Lay chicken breasts in crockpot then sprinkle with seasonings. Pour in chicken broth.
- For fresh chicken, cover and cook for approximately 2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 5 hours on low, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. For frozen chicken, cooking times will be slightly longer.
- After cooking and while still warm, remove chicken from the crockpot and transfer to a cutting board. Shred chicken with two forks and use in desired dish immediately or store in an airtight container for up to four days.