Nutrition Per Serving
Yield: 4 servings (approximately 1 cup curry + ½ cup rice)
Protein: 33 grams
NET Carbohydrate: 32 grams
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1, 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1-pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups cooked rice
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté until soft, or approximately six to eight minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add and frequently stir pumpkin puree until it thickens and turns a golden color, or about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, curry powder, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and simmer until just cooked, displaying a slightly opaque flesh and pink exterior.
- Portion out 4 servings of rice (½ cup each), squeeze lime juice atop, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve!
Recipe Tips and Ideas
- If you do not like shrimp or have a shellfish allergy, swap it out for chicken.
- For a vegetarian-friendly alternative, use protein-packed chickpeas or tofu.
- Feel free to exchange and add other favorite veggies, including butternut squash, sweet potato, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Trade traditional rice for an alternative grain, including quinoa and barley.