Nutrition Per Serving
Yield: 1 mug cake
Protein: 5 grams
NET Carbohydrate: 27 grams
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix, no sugar added
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk, non-fat
- ½ tablespoon applesauce, unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 6 mini marshmallows
- In your favorite, microwave-safe mug, mix together flour, hot cocoa mix, and baking powder.
- Add in milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract and stir until well-incorporated.
- Cook in microwave for approximately 1 minute and a half, or until the center of the cook is done and the top is dry.
- Top with marshmallows and microwave for an additional 8 seconds.
- Best enjoyed warm!
Additional Notes and Tips
- Start out by microwaving for 60 seconds. If the brownie is not cooked enough, continue microwaving for 10 seconds at a time.
- Add sweetener of choice for added sweetness as desired.
- Feel free to with crushed peppermint, chopped nuts, ground cinnamon, chocolate shavings, and other toppings.
- But if sippable hot cocoa is more up your alley… Look no further than these eight healthy hot cocoa recipes, including the festive flavors of dark chocolate mint, pumpkin pie, and gingerbread!