Simple and sweet, this easy strawberry salsa recipe is a berry refreshing dip option on those warm summer days!
Balsamic Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, ribbed and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and lime.
- Add berries, onion, jalapeno, basil and cilantro into balsamic mixture and lightly stir until well incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate, at least for an hour.
- Serve with desired chips or one of these homemade pita or corn chip
- The strawberry salad recipe can be manipulated to accommodate flavor preferences, such as eliminating or adding jalapenos based on spice tolerance. Additionally, dismiss the “savory” ingredients – onion, jalapeno, herbs and seasonings – for a sweeter treat topped on ice cream or yogurt or paired with these healthy cinnamon tortilla chips.
- Like most salads, the longer the salad sets together in the fridge, the more amplified the flavor. If time permits, allow the ingredients to get to know each other a little better at least overnight.
- Speaking of getting to know each other… The strawberry salsa recipe is a foolproof food element to bring to a new neighbor or desk mate. It also makes a refreshing spring or summer appetizer at your next luncheon, office or holiday party, or a picnic.
- If fresh strawberries are not available, frozen, unsweetened strawberries will suffice. Although it may not offer the same “chunkiness,” it will provide the same desirable flavor!